What Excel in Trading is all about
Hi! My name is Aaron Eller, and I’m the guy behind Excel in Trading. I started this site to help those that want to become better traders, but are looking for someone with the technical skills to get them to the next level. So if you ever wondered…
- “How can I get the data that I need for my idea?”
- “How can I test whether my idea will make money?”
- “How can I improve my idea, so I don’t have huge drawdowns?”
- “I don’t want to recreate the wheel, so where can I find proven strategies that actually work?”
- “How can I customize a strategy in order to meet my personal trading objectives?”
- “How can I automate my trading strategy?”
… then Excel in Trading is for you!
Why you should listen to me
I am a Professional Engineer that has been trading in the markets since I began my Engineering career in 2006. When I started, I didn’t know anything about trading and as a result, I lost money. Since then, I’ve read hundreds of trading books, spent thousands of hours programming and testing trading ideas, and listened to endless number of experts to improve my knowledge of markets and to help me become a profitable trader.
Through this process, I’ve learned the importance of taking a systematic approach to trading. This helps me keep my emotions in check, which is the number one reason most people don’t succeed in the long run. I’ve also become very skilled at building trading tools and programs in Microsoft Excel, VBA, and Python.
Who I’ve already helped
I love projects where I can combine my programming and problem solving skills with my trading knowledge. So in 2014, I started helping other traders. This has made me an even better programmer and trader. Here’s what a few of my past clients have said about me:
- Aaron is an excellent programmer and very easy to work with. For these reasons we have used him several times and will continue to do so. – Michael A.
- I cannot express enough the tremendous value I got from Aaron. I intend to use Aaron again and I would recommend him for any future project. – David L.
- I would highly recommend Aaron. Aaron not only understood the project, he also made suggestions to improve the design. He went over and above what I expected. He added in a feature I wasn’t expecting that improved the program. – Brian C.
- Aaron was awesome to work with. He delivered a solution that exceeded my expectations at a lower than expected cost. Aaron also suggested improvements that had a material impact on the final results. My project turned out better because of Aaron and I would recommend him without reservation. – Robert S.
- I had a vision, but not the skills to implement the vision. Thank goodness there’s people like Aaron, who not only share the same passion as my vision, but also possess the skills. I’m very happy with the finished product and I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again! – Tuan P.
- Aaron was exceptional in his approach to the job, his professionalism and with his deliverables. His knowledge of the subject matter has helped us extract tremendous value out of this project, much more than we thought possible. – Ashu
How Excel in Trading can help you
Excel in Trading will focus on providing solutions to common trading problems. Here’s a sample of what you can expect:
- How to download equity fundamental data into Excel
- How to download historical price data into Excel
- How to create and customize a stock screener
- How to calculate technical indicators in Excel
- How to backtest trading ideas in Excel
- How to backtest trading ideas in Python and Quantopian
- How to design and test a trading system
- Why position sizing (how much to buy or sell) is more important than your entry/exit rules
- How to use position sizing to achieve your trading goals
- How to automate your trading system’s signals with your broker
If you face any of these challenges, sign up to my email list. This will keep you updated when new posts and tools are available on the site. Also, if you have a specific trading project that you need technical support on, please reach out to me at email@example.com, or send me a message from the contact page.